Saturday, June 15, 2013

A Red Room...

Our home has evolved/ changed over a period, our collection have grown, artist hubby's paintings have flown in and adorned our home walls, some more plants have come in home, more books have been hoarded, well we have evolved too..!

Three years ago, when re-painting our home, I was sure that I would have one red coloured wall at home *Smile*. People around me were like "Red..? Are you sure? Will it not be too loud..?". "Nay" - I said. In my mind I had a very clear sight of how it would look. Yes, till date, it has been my favourite wall at home. This is a room, where red plays a predominant role..Do come in & see yourself.

The Krishna's - with Nandini, Radhakrishna & Kerala Mural Style Krishna Painting from Hubby - Pradosh Nair with Patachitra with Red Mounting by Dear Friend Debu
Leading to Tiny Studio/ Home Office, Nataraja by Hubby in Studio

How Can I Spare My Home from Brass & Solid Dark wood...?:) Marble Ganesha by Debu again :)




The Kannada Book Collection...

Yay! The "RED" wall, This wall holds felicitation for my father -very precious to me...
 

 


A Reflection

I love the Filtered Light Coming Through..

Hope you guys enjoyed this little red room of ours. Do let me know!
CD's Weekly Story

 

 

 

 


 

13 comments:

leena patel said...

Beautiful.I loved it.Looking forward to a post on your husbands paintings.

Nayana said...

Wow Manasa ...your husband paintings are stunning. Red is my fav too :) room looks so beautiful not at all loud but very calm bedroom space and your treasures are as usual gorgeous.

Vasudha Somayaji said...

Lovely. May be I can show the first pic to my husband who never wants more than one painting on a wall. Having lot of them displayed well looks beautiful indeed.

viji said...

It is so lovely.
viji

Nivedita Das Narayan said...

Gorgeous home, speaks a stunning, passionate & vibrantly warm story!

Auro @ Add that Xtra in the Ordinary said...

That dash of red is just stunning
and your picture grouping offsets
it so well.I am your newest
follower,do drop a while at mine.

Antara said...

I love reds too and your room looks Wow!

padmamanasa said...

Thank you all for dropping by & leaving kind comments.!

Madhu said...

Gorgeous pictures! Lovely collectibles :)

Supriya and Deepa said...

All I can say is Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous!! You have a lovely taste and a fantastic eye for photography Manasa. Could we feature your home on Aalayam? We would be privileged!

http://aalayaminspiration.blogspot.com/

Love,
Supriya

Preethe Natarajan said...

Lovely Manasa!!! Color cordination is amazing..

Preethe Natarajan said...

Lovely Manasa!! Superb color coordination..

Aditi said...

Red can look beautiful if done tastefully. You've done such a fab job with the red room ! :) And I hv to mention the paintings...they are amazing! Kudos to your hubby!

Followers